The Licensing department is closed from the 22nd December 2018 until the 2nd of January 2019. We wish you happy holidays.
Licensing counter service
The licensing counter is currently closed
The counter service for aircraft maintenance licensing is only available by appointment.
We take advantage of the time thus freed to process the requests that reach us by mail. Indeed, we introduced this measure in order to reduce our file processing times as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, it is always possible for you to come to personally deposit your file at the reception of the Federal Public Service. The reception is situated on the ground floor and is open from Monday to Thursday from 7:00 to 17:00 and on Friday from 7:00 to 16:30.
The call center for pilot licenses is contactable every afternoon from 13:30 to 15:00.
The call center for maintenance personnel licenses is contactable every afternoon from 13:30 to 15:00.
Encountering heavy workload, it is not possible for us to give you an exact status of your file. We cannot answer questions like:
- What is the status of my file?
- Did you receive my documents?
- Has my licence has been sent?
If you have questions apart from the status of your file, please refer to hereunder section “ If you have questions “.
We currently have some delay to proceed the licensing and registration demands. It takes about 20 working days for the licences. We will make every effort to process pending requests as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Theoretical knowledge examination centre for pilot licences
The centre is accessible by appointment Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 16:45 and Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00. Applications for theoretical examinations cannot be processed from 20 September to 4 October 2017 inclusive. We will make every effort to process pending requests as quickly as possible. However, the planned examinations for this period will take place. Thank you for your understanding.
Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport
Belgian Civil Aviation Authority
Rue du Progrès/Vooruitgangstraat 56
- Metro: Rogier
- Train: Gare du Nord/Noord station
- Bus and tram stop: Gare du Nord/Noord station
- Guarded bicycle parking: Gare du Nord/Noord station
If you have questions
- firstname.lastname@example.org : for questions concerning pilot and air traffic controller licenses, language proficiency examinations and training centres.
- email@example.com : for questions concerning maintenance personnel licenses (Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance License).
- firstname.lastname@example.org : for questions concerning the theoretical exams.
- email@example.com : for questions concerning medical certificates.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : for questions concerning drones (RPAS)
- Pilot licences: +32 (0) 2 277 43 70
- Aircraft maintenance licences: +32 (0) 2 277 43 70
- Aeronautical Medicine Secretariat: +32 (0) 2 277 43 70
- Approved training organisations:
- +32 (0) 2 277 43 97
- +32 (0) 2 277 43 77
- PPL Training Organisations: +32 (0) 2 277 43 81
- Flight simulation training devices: +32 (0) 2 277 44 17
- Examiners and Logbooks: +32 (0) 2 277 43 91
Payment of the Fees
Make the payment only after receiving the invitation to pay. Indeed, payments in advance do not guarantee an expedited processing of your file, quite the contrary.
For a fast processing of your file, make payment on time upon receipt of the invoice or the invitation to pay.
Pay each invitation to pay separately:
- with the exact amount requested;
- with good structured communication;
- on the correct account number, as indicated on the invoice.
Checks and cash payments are not accepted.