Licensing counter service
The licensing counter is currently closed
The licensing counter is currently closed.
Following the recommendations of the National Security Council and of the FPS Public Health to slow down the propagation of the coronavirus, it will not be possible anymore from 14th March 2020 to bring or retrieve documents at our desk.
This measure is to minimise the contacts and will stay in place till further advice.
The call center for pilot licenses is contactable every afternoon from 13:30 to 15:00.
The call center for maintenance personnel licenses is contactable every afternoon from 13:30 to 15:00.
Encountering heavy workload, it is not possible for us to give you an exact status of your file. We cannot answer questions like:
- What is the status of my file?
- Did you receive my documents?
- Has my licence has been sent?
If you have questions apart from the status of your file, please refer to hereunder section “ If you have questions “.
We currently have some delay to proceed the licensing demands. It takes about 50 working days for the licences. We will make every effort to process pending requests as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Theoretical knowledge examination centre for pilot licences
The centre is accessible by appointment Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 16:45 and Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00. Applications for theoretical examinations cannot be processed from 20 September to 4 October 2017 inclusive. We will make every effort to process pending requests as quickly as possible. However, the planned examinations for this period will take place. Thank you for your understanding.
Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport
Belgian Civil Aviation Authority
Rue du Progrès/Vooruitgangstraat 56
- Metro: Rogier
- Train: Gare du Nord/Noord station
- Bus and tram stop: Gare du Nord/Noord station
- Guarded bicycle parking: Gare du Nord/Noord station
If you have questions
- email@example.com : for questions concerning pilot and air traffic controller licenses, language proficiency examinations and training centres.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : for questions concerning maintenance personnel licenses (Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance License).
- email@example.com : for questions concerning the theoretical exams.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : for questions concerning medical certificates.
- email@example.com : for questions concerning drones (RPAS)
- Pilot licences: +32 (0) 2 277 43 70
- Aircraft maintenance licences: +32 (0) 2 277 43 70
- Aeronautical Medicine Secretariat: +32 (0) 2 277 43 70
- Approved training organisations:
- +32 (0) 2 277 43 97
- +32 (0) 2 277 43 77
- Flight simulation training devices: +32 (0) 2 277 44 17
- Examiners and Logbooks: +32 (0) 2 277 43 91
Payment of the Fees
Make the payment only after receiving the invitation to pay. Indeed, payments in advance do not guarantee an expedited processing of your file, quite the contrary.
For a fast processing of your file, make payment on time upon receipt of the invoice or the invitation to pay.
Pay each invitation to pay separately:
- with the exact amount requested;
- with good structured communication;
- on the correct account number, as indicated on the invoice.
Checks and cash payments are not accepted.