Next to defining safety recommendations, the AAIU(Be) also wants to work preventively with the 'Safety Feedback' and 'Technical Safety Note' by diffusing lessons learned and promoting good practices in order to improve safety in civil aviation. The topics are based on both investigations as per EU Regulation (EU) no. 996/2010 on the investigation and prevention of accidents and incidents in civil aviation and from reports made by pilots, traffic controllers, mechanics, ground handlers, in application of EU Regulation (EU) no. 376/2014. The notes are de-identified and the safety message has been established with the help of flight instructors, air traffic controllers, mechanics.
Technical Safety Note
- TSN 2020-1: Wrong installation of emergency parachute on Zenair Zodiac CH-601
- Safety Feedback Issue 5: Getting lost during solo navigation
- Safety Feedback Issue 4: Inspection of control cables in General Aviation
- Safety Feedback Issue 3: Retraction of airstair
- Safety Feedback Issue 2: Encountering icing conditions in controlled airspace
- Safety Feedback Issue 1: Landing in IMC on an uncontrolled aerodrome